The power of faith-based addiction treatment combines spiritual practices and evidence-based therapies. There seems little dispute about the efficacy of religious addiction treatment for those who are part of a particular faith tradition. About 75% of rehab centers in the United States offer faith-based addiction treatment.
To learn more about the benefits of faith-based addiction treatment, reach out to one of the leading rehab facilities in Pennsylvania and the surrounding states. Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge (PAATC) has provided top-notch treatment in both faith-centered and secular programs for over 60 years. We stand behind our faith-based addiction treatment and provide you with any information you may need about getting started in your recovery. Use our online form or call us at 844.442.8673 to get started.
What Is Faith-Based Care?
Faith-based rehab uses your faith, religious convictions, or commitment to spirituality to amplify the effects of evidence-based therapies. It can create a wrap-around care model that is highly effective as well as comforting and familiar to you. PAATC offers religious addiction treatment rooted in Christianity. If you practice the Christian faith or were raised according to Christian principles, this model of care could work very well for you.
In faith-based addiction treatment centered on a belief in the Christian God and the role of Christ as savior, you will find comfort. We’ll help you develop self-awareness, cultivate equilibrium and inner peace, and achieve lasting sobriety. In faith-based addiction treatment, you will find counselors who provide therapy steeped in the ideas and traditions of Christianity and also:
- Christian teachings and values to offer daily guidance
- Faith-centered support combined with an evidence-based treatment plan
- Role models from within a religious tradition with which you identify
- Christian fellowship within a community of like-minded peers
- Bible study, Christian reading groups, prayer circles, chapel services, and more to support your treatment
Benefits of Faith-Based Addiction Treatment
The benefits of faith-based care are often intangible. It is the feeling of engaging in treatment or a hard-to-define warmth that is like a home base. But there have been many studies about the efficacy of faith-based treatment for addiction that reveal this care model’s value.
- Peer support from those who share your beliefs is powerful. Those who try to live according to the teachings of Christ, all working together toward sobriety, can offer accountability as well as compassion for one another.
- Continuity from life before drugs, through rehab, and after discharge can be part of the religious aspects of faith-based treatment. You are part of something so familiar that, even if you have not been regularly attending church. You can easily slip back into the comfort of that familiarity. Also, many of the people you connect with in Christian rehab often go on to be your post-discharge peer group, providing additional continuity.
- Healing happens in an atmosphere of forgiveness of yourself and others. Forgiveness is at the heart of the Christian faith and can act as a counterbalance to your feelings of guilt, shame, or hopelessness.
- Outcomes are better when people of faith can heal in faith-based rehab. When you benefit from continuity of care within your faith, it means you feel the support of church and family, extended family, and the like-minded devout. Religious addiction treatment can support long-term sobriety.
Find Treatment at Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge
Your faith offers you a framework that is reassuring after painful years of substance abuse. Whether you want to reconnect with your faith or explore it for the first time, you will find healing at PAATC in our faith-based addiction treatment center. Learn more today and start walking the path of recovery with Christ at your side. Reach out to us via online form or call us at 844.442.8673.