Spending 30 or more days away from home at a residential addiction treatment center may be impossible when you have children to care for or a job that you need to attend. It can also be challenging to take that much time off work without risking losing your job. However, it would be best if you did not have to put off getting clean. With the help of an intensive outpatient program, you can continue to keep up with work and family obligations as you recover from drug and alcohol addiction.
At Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge (PAATC), we want to ensure that everyone can get the help they need to recover from addiction. Our outpatient programs in Rehrersburg, Pennsylvania, allows you to maintain your work and home responsibilities while you get treatment. Our IOP can help you get back to the clean lifestyle you deserve with a convenient schedule, medication, and various therapies. When you are ready to start the healing process, give us a call at 844.442.8673.
What Is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
An intensive outpatient program, or IOP, is a form of substance abuse treatment created to provide a high level of support. This treatment is ideal for those who cannot stay overnight in a residential addiction treatment program. Instead, you would visit your treatment center several days a week for therapy and medication, if applicable.
As part of an intensive outpatient treatment program, you will:
- Attend treatment sessions at the facility for up to five full days a week
- Have regular behavioral therapy sessions to explore unhealthy thought patterns and behaviors that contribute to your addiction
- Meet with peer groups during the week for group therapy sessions that cover topics such as relapse prevention, addiction triggers, and rebuilding relationships
- Receive employment assistance, if applicable, when you are close to finishing the program
- Undergo drug testing for accountability
By allowing clients to live at home, an IOP can help those who have to fulfill job and family commitments continue to pursue recovery.
How Can an Intensive Outpatient Program Support Your Recovery?
An intensive outpatient program provides part-time treatment and may suit those with less severe addictions. If you have solid support at home, this program could work for you. IOPs involve more time than other outpatient programs, so you have to commit to the schedule for treatment to be successful.
Some of the goals of an intensive outpatient program in Pennsylvania include:
- Maintaining abstinence
- Improving problem-solving skills
- Achieving behavioral change
- Addressing employment, housing, and probation requirements
- Following the 12 steps
- Developing a support system
Each of these goals moves you closer to completing treatment and making a lasting recovery. It would help if you got the proper assistance to navigate detox to move on to a successful recovery successfully. If you have a severe addiction, you may want to consider a 30-day residential program designed to provide structure, oversight, and support.
Can I Detox at Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge?
Our medical detox program helps clients eliminate illicit substances from their bodies. After detox, you can face recovery with a clear head. This is a separate program that you can attend before participating in our intensive outpatient program. Some clients don’t have serious symptoms of withdrawal, but most people with substance abuse addictions need help managing the process.
It’s important to get the assistance you need to successfully navigate detox and move on to a recovery program. If you have a severe addiction, you may want to consider our 30-day clinical program, a residential program designed to provide structure, oversight, and support.
What to Expect at a Pennsylvania Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program
If you are considering treatment at an IOP, you may want to know how the program works. Here is what you can expect from an intensive outpatient program:
- Your care team will start by assessing your needs and providing you with an individualized recovery plan.
- Your treatment may begin with a medical detox program to help eliminate illicit substances from your body. After detox, you can face recovery with a clear head. This is a separate program that you may attend before participating in an intensive outpatient program. Even if you do not have severe withdrawal symptoms, most people with addictions need help managing the process.
- Most programs meet during the week with the option of morning or evening sessions. During your time at the center, you meet in groups, with breaks in between sessions. You can count on spending several hours with us before returning to your home or work each day. The schedule you receive may need adjustment as you progress through your recovery.
Furthermore, at our intensive outpatient program in Pennsylvania, you may have to undergo drug testing. The frequency varies, and we can answer your questions once we have established your level of addiction and need for assistance. However, prepare for random drug testing to ensure that you haven’t relapsed and to support your full recovery. By doing so, we help our clients learn accountability and responsibility while patiently developing trust as recovery progresses.
Seek Treatment at Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge Today
At Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge, we understand that there is no cure for substance addiction. Staying clean requires ongoing care and support. Meeting with groups and therapists as part of our IOP can keep you motivated and help you overcome relapse risks. Within our intensive outpatient program, clients will receive several therapeutic services. Common treatments in our IOP include:
- Relapse prevention
- 12-step groups
- Addiction education
- Family groups
- Process groups
- Codependency support groups
In addition, we provide our clients with other treatment programs to meet their unique needs. Contact us online or call us at 844.442.8673 today for more information on programs available to guide you out of the darkness of addiction toward a brighter future.