Cocaine has been around for over 150 years, and abuse rates to this highly addictive drug spiked in the 1980s. Today, cocaine addiction still affects over 5 million Americans. Between five and eight percent of rehab admissions are for cocaine addiction. However, we know that not everyone who suffers from this disease is in treatment. Today, cocaine addiction treatment programs are as relevant in the rehab world as ever.
At Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge (PAATC), we provide evidence-based treatment for addiction to cocaine and its derivatives, such as crack. To learn more about us and what we can do for you or a loved one struggling with cocaine abuse, call 844.442.8673 or use our online form.
Signs of Cocaine Addiction
Quick-acting in the body, cocaine doses must be increased steadily to achieve the same effects. The body and mind are bombarded by the drug and become depleted and exhausted. Those who abuse cocaine typically engage in binge cycles. In other words, they maintain high levels of the substance in the body to keep the high going and then crashing, only to start again shortly thereafter. Side effects of cocaine abuse include:
- Cardiovascular harm
- Damage to the respiratory system as well as the nose, throat, and mouth
Cocaine provides mental and physical effects such as euphoria, accomplishment, mental alertness, and self-confidence. Those who use this highly addictive stimulant are seeking these effects. High levels of energy and appetite suppression also appeal to many users. Unfortunately, pursuing these feelings, users quickly cycle their way into addiction.
The Need for Cocaine Addiction Treatment
Treatment for cocaine addiction has been widely studied over the last five decades. Therefore, experts have a good handle on what treatments work. Behavioral interventions are high on the list of effective therapies.
- Motivational interviewing helps clients become ready for rehab and recovery. It guides them to accept hard truths about their addiction and its consequences.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is a short-term, goal-oriented, evidence-based treatment. It addresses the negative thought patterns that prevent change and lets clients practice real-life behavioral strategies while still in rehab.
- Contingency management utilizes a reward system that reinforces good choices and healthy behavior.
- Individual therapy allows clients to discover, at their own pace, the truth about their addiction. They can learn about its causes, the damage it has done to themselves and others and set goals for after rehab.
- Group therapy provides vital peer support and accountability that prevents people addicted to cocaine from slipping between the cracks.
We also are proud to provide faith-based treatment. This service is a proven modality for many people who find inspiration in God and tap into a divine power with meaning and resonance.
Get Addiction Treatment at Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge
Don’t let cocaine derail your life. This powerful drug may seem to help you manage things by keeping you upbeat and focused, but it is not helping. The effects of a cocaine high are short-lived. You need to take more and more of it to approximate your desired effects. This use leads you down a scary path, a potentially lethal one.
Help is available. Not only is there an effective treatment for cocaine addiction. However, there are also strategies to help you regain your very own happiness and ability to manage, focus, and sustain energy without relying on drugs. PAATC offers practical, evidence-based programs for anyone seeking recovery from cocaine. Our cocaine treatment program offers various options to address the entire gamut of challenges that people face during cocaine addiction. Call 844.442.8673 or fill out our online form to find out more about our services.