Faith-centered addiction treatment combines spiritual practice with evidence-based treatment. Faith-based practices can help you use your commitment to religion and spirituality to support your recovery. If you have a background in Christianity, are deeply religious, or feel comforted by the practice of Christian faith, a recovery community based on Christian principles will likely help you feel comfortable, acknowledged, and supported. Learn more about faith-based addiction programs and how they can help.
At Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge (PAATC), we offer faith-based treatment for all addictions. Whether you are looking for an outpatient or inpatient program, PAATC is a Christian rehab center in Pennsylvania that can help you.
A Faith-Based Addiction Program
Research supports that faith-based treatment for addiction works. There are faith-based programs for people of all religions. PAATC is a Christian-based drug rehab center. For those in recovery who are rooted in the Christian faith, we provide Christian mentors who align with your belief system and guide you in your spiritual practice to support your recovery.
When your faith is woven into your addiction treatment, you have extra peace of mind and can rest in the assurance that we will support your faith and recovery.
Five Benefits of Faith-Based Treatment
There is a range of benefits of attending a faith-based treatment center. These benefits include:
- Peer support-Access to peers struggling with similar challenges who share your spiritual convictions is an important part of Christian rehab. The faith community you work with at a Christian-based drug rehab center provides you with spiritual support. Simultaneously, it offers you accountability partners who can be there for you over the long haul. The people you connect to in faith-based rehab will form the core of your post-rehab support network.
- Christian faith opportunities-There are more options for practicing your faith in a Christian drug treatment program than in a purely secular rehab center. You will have access to Christian Bible studies, 12-step programs, discussion groups, and chapel services that will support your mental and emotional wellbeing while in treatment.
- Forgiveness and love-These are essential foundations of the Christian faith. People who suffer from substance use disorders may feel guilty, ashamed, and hopeless. They struggle to forgive themselves, but a faith-based addiction treatment program is a forgiving environment. It is much easier to shed guilt and shame and find self-forgiveness, which is vital to recovery success.
- Immersion in faith-Whether you are at dinner, exercising, or in a group therapy session, these programs reduce anxiety and stress. It also wraps you up in an environment that feels safe and welcoming and underpins the hard work you are doing with a conviction that God has your back.
- Reduced risk of relapse-Because of the continuity of care possible within a faith tradition, you will still have the ongoing support of your church. You also have a network of people ready to partner with you after discharge. There is evidence to support that for people of faith, faith-based treatment leads to better long-term outcomes.
Begin Treatment at Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge Today
Our treatment center began more than 60 years ago on the principles of the Christian faith. Not all our programs are faith-based, but we believe strongly that a Christian-based treatment protocol is immeasurably powerful and healing for our Christian clients. Our treatment programs include:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Cocaine addiction treatment
- Opioid addiction treatment
- Prescription drug addiction treatment
Learn more about how PAATC supports your recovery through faith in God and the love of Christ and how you can banish fear and dependence in favor of empowerment and freedom. We are eager to speak with you and answer your questions about our Christian rehab centers in Pennsylvania. Complete our online form or call 844.442.8673 today.