Teen addiction treatment programs are essential resources if your child is struggling with a substance use disorder. However, what if you are not sure? As a parent, your mind rebels at the thought. You are not alone, though most parents fail to recognize the signs at first. If you are even asking the question, “Does my child need a teen recovery center?” then chances are the answer is yes.
The Naaman Center, a subsidiary of Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge, offers outpatient adolescent treatment for those between the ages of 14 and 18. To learn more about the treatment options available, reach out to Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge (PAATC) today to call 844.442.8673 or fill out our online form.
Does My Child Need a Teen Recovery Center Program?
This agonizing question can keep you up at night and hover relentlessly at the edge of your consciousness every minute of the day. Until you decide the answer, you may be losing valuable time. There are some key questions that you may be able to answer more readily than that big question. If you find you are nodding “yes” to several of the questions below, don’t wait to get more information about a teen addiction treatment program near you.
- Given what you know about your teenager, try to honestly assess the following and answer each one with a yes or no.
- Is your child eating differently, such as significantly more or less than before?
- Is your child performing poorly in school, truant, or disrespectful?
- Has your child suddenly switched friend groups?
- Does your child nod off at odd moments, nap frequently, or, conversely, seem never to sleep or have wakeful hours late at night?
- Have there been striking changes in appearance – tattoos, piercings, new clothes, hairstyle – or hygiene?
- Do you notice your child wearing long sleeves even on hot days?
- Is your child often unusually pale or excessively flushed?
- Do you notice pinpoint or dilated pupils or bloodshot eyes?
- Has the family car been damaged without a report or explanation?
- Have liquor bottles or prescriptions for over-the-counter drugs gone missing?
The teen years can be tricky to navigate in any family. In most circumstances, healthy teenagers require more independence, start to separate from the family, and begin to self-actualize but don’t always know how to navigate that process. They can seem distant, rebellious, and imperious. However, there’s hope when you seek treatment for your team.
Why Should You Seek Adolescent Treatment?
If your child is dealing with an addiction, you must understand that not all addiction recovery professionals are equipped to deal with this age group. You will want to find an addiction program that specializes in treating teens.
At PAATC, some of the things we’ve learned in our over six decades of providing addiction recovery treatment to teenagers are below.
- Teen brains are unique. As they develop from childhood into adulthood, teenagers change mentally as much as they do physically. These transition years find teens communicating, thinking, and learning in their own ways. Therapists who specialize in teens can inspire engagement and buy-in more readily, which means better outcomes.
- Behavioral therapy works well with addicted teens. We offer evidence-based treatments such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
- If your teen has a mental health challenge that contributes to substance use, there are treatment options available. Co-occurring mental health challenges are very common among adolescents who abuse drugs or alcohol. For this reason, addiction treatment specialists such as therapists are usually experts in dual diagnosis treatment.
- Family engagement is vital. Addiction recovery for adults often includes family members, as the results can be powerful. For teens, having parents and other families engage in the process has proven positive results. Any therapy geared for this age group in a teen recovery center will appropriately involve family.
To learn more about the treatment options available, please contact Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge today at 844.442.8673.
Seek Treatment at Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge Today
At PAATC, we know teens. We were originally founded as a treatment center specifically for this unique and remarkable age group. Now we expertly treat people of all ages, but our commitment to teens has not wavered.
If reading this has caused you to realize that your concerns about your teen are well-founded, or even if you are still unsure, please reach out to us today. We want to help you see the way forward for your child. Use our online form or pick up the phone and dial 844.442.8673.