If you are looking for a dual diagnosis treatment program in Pennsylvania, look no further. Addiction treatment programs in Rehrersburg, PA offers evidence-based treatments. These treatments address both substance use disorders and other mental health diagnoses contributing to dependence on drugs or alcohol. Dual diagnosis treatment helps you overcome a mental illness or personality disorder that co-occur with addiction. These conditions often make it challenging for clients to live a sober and fulfilling life.
In a dual diagnosis treatment center, you will receive collaborative, integrated treatment that addresses your mental health and addiction recovery needs. Concurrently, we begin taking care of you physically, spiritually, and emotionally. While recovery from addiction is the goal of the PAATC addiction treatment, we provide treatment and support for those battling co-occurring disorders. To treat addiction alone in the absence of care for an underlying mental health condition would not serve our clients’ best interests. In short, their well-being and success are our highest priority. Contact Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge today at 844.442.8673 or fill out our online form to learn more about our treatment options.
What Is a Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program
An addiction treatment program that addresses co-occurring disorders – addiction and an underlying mental health diagnosis is a dual diagnosis treatment program. Through this option, treatment experts address both disorders simultaneously, an approach that has been proven most effective with co-occurring conditions.
First, our professional staff of physicians and licensed therapists conducts a thorough intake inquiry to determine numerous factors. This examination underlying mental health concerns, medical and addiction history, and more. Then, our team creates a treatment plan that will suit your needs and circumstances. Dual diagnosis treatment can address underlying issues, such as:
- Bipolar disorder
- PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)
- Compulsive disorders
Our goal is to guide you to wellness while providing you with knowledge, skills, and hope during the recovery process. When you leave PAATC, you are ready to pursue meaningful goals and healthy relationships.
Importance of Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Because drug and alcohol abuse so often co-occur with mental health issues, the symptoms of both are exacerbated. A dual diagnosis treatment program is necessary for long-term success.
If you return home without understanding how a co-occurring mental disorder affects your thoughts and emotions, you may feel the urge to self-medicate again. However, with the assistance of compassionate, trained professionals, you can overcome the negative impacts of these disorders.
Our dual diagnosis treatment program in Pennsylvania offers holistic treatment programs. In these sessions, we integrate physical, mental, and emotional well-being into your recovery plan. For most people, drug and alcohol addiction includes the mind and body. Dual diagnosis treats both dependencies so that you can leave Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge with the best chances of long-term recovery.
Using holistic treatment such as art therapy or yoga, you learn how to resolve issues healthily. Meditating or keeping a journal can help you relieve stress and examine your progress. These programs help you develop habits of self-reflection that serve you well beyond your initial recovery program.
PAATC’s Therapeutic Treatments for Dual Diagnoses
In Pennsylvania, our dual diagnosis treatment program offers numerous therapeutic modalities. These address addictions to a wide range of substances, from alcohol to cocaine, meth, and opioids, while addressing underlying mental disorders. Treatment and recovery will include some of the following:
- Individual therapy: This treatment is conducted one-on-one with trained mental health and addiction recovery therapists. These sessions can include various forms of treatment, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy or dialectical behavior therapy.
- Family therapy: Families together experience the fall-out of addiction and mental health disorders when someone they love is suffering. Family therapy offers everyone the opportunity to heal and learn how to support their addicted family members while caring for themselves.
- Group therapy: A group treatment model provides both peer support and accountability in which you will also benefit from the moderating presence of a licensed therapist.
- Holistic therapy: Holistic programs will integrate physical, mental, and emotional well-being into the recovery plan. From art therapy to yoga, holistic options help you learn to resolve challenges in a healthy way.
These therapies can be highly beneficial for a person’s long-term recovery.
What Can Dual Diagnosis Treatment Teach?
While treating your mental health and addiction symptoms, dual diagnosis treatment programs also:
- Teach you to recognize triggers, both external and internal
- Help you develop habits of self-reflection
- Guide you to understand the importance of seeking help and the value of peer support
- Help you achieve mental and physical health as you begin recovery
If you have an addiction that has led to a mental health condition, then the experts at Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge can help. For more information about our services, please contact our team today.
What to Look for in Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Our dual diagnosis treatment program depends on our high-quality, licensed counselors and other caring staff members. Compassionate care is our priority. Here are some questions to consider when comparing rehab facilities:
- Do the programs address your specific needs?
- Do the programs include dual diagnosis?
- What holistic therapies does each program offer?
- Does the facility have a detox program?
At Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge, our clients have the option to participate in our medical detox program at the same facility where they attend drug and alcohol rehab treatment. We offer a 30-day clinical program and a long-term residential program for clients who need additional help. Our long-term program lasts up to one year and helps you reintegrate back into a more normal lifestyle.
Contact Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge
We believe that comprehensive substance abuse rehab must address underlying mental disorders that cause so many to self-medicate with drugs or alcohol in the first place. Contact our treatment experts at 844.442.8673 or by using our online form. Learn more about our substance abuse treatment services. We can’t wait to help you live your best life