During the past few years, there has been a significant shift in how society looks at marijuana. Even though it is good that CBD is providing people with numerous health benefits, people need to understand that there are serious consequences that can happen if they smoke marijuana. Marijuana contains two main substances: THC and CBD. THC is the substance that is responsible for making people feel high. Therefore, if you are using weed or cannabis, it is important for you to be aware of the side effects. You might be wondering, “How long does marijuana stay in your system?” There are several important points that you should note when it comes to marijuana. Contact Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge at 844.442.8673 to learn about marijuana addiction treatment options.
The Impacts of Marijuana on Your Body
Weed and cannabis can lead to severe impacts on your body. Therefore, you need to be aware of the risks before deciding to give this substance a try. If you take marijuana, some of the side effects that you may notice include:
- Marijuana is going to act directly on your central nervous system. It will cause an increase in the release of dopamine from your brain, which is responsible for giving you the infamous “high” feeling.
- Marijuana can also have an impact on your anxiety. Some people feel more anxious after taking marijuana, and other people feel more relaxed. Ultimately, it will depend on exactly how your body responds.
- The THC in marijuana can also have an impact on your judgment. Therefore, it is critically important for you to stay away from heavy machinery, including a car, if you take marijuana.
- Of course, marijuana is also going to make your eyes feel red. This is because marijuana will cause the blood vessels in your eyes to look larger, giving them the appearance of being bloodshot.
- If you take marijuana, this can also cause you to develop tachycardia, which is the medical name for an accelerated heartbeat.
- Finally, marijuana is also famous for making you feel hungry. If you are on a diet, it is going to be very difficult for you to stick to this diet if you use marijuana.
These are just a few of the most important side effects that marijuana may have on your body.
How Long Does Marijuana Stay in Your System?
Ultimately, there will be several factors that play a role in how long marijuana will stay in your system. Depending on the exact bodily fluid that is being tested, marijuana will probably remain in your system for about 30 days. If you use marijuana daily, it is also possible that marijuana may be detectable in your system for several months.
How Can I Treat Marijuana Use Issues?
There is a rumor that marijuana may be less addictive than other substances. At the same time, there are still many people who have a hard time controlling how often they use marijuana. At Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge, we can help you address problems related to marijuana use. If you are having a hard time managing weed and cannabis, our trained professionals are here to assist you.
Contact Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge Today
Marijuana use is an issue that impacts people all over the world. At Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge, we have a lot of experience dealing with these issues. We are here to listen to your story without judgment or reservation. Then, we will help you develop a treatment plan to address your unique issues. Please give us a call at 844.442.8673 or contact us online to learn more about how we can help you.