For 60 years, Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge (PAATC) has been providing evidence-based care to teens 18 and up and adults who struggle with addiction. Serving communities throughout Pennsylvania, several PAATC locations offer dynamic environments, compassionate care, and comprehensive therapeutic programs.
If you live in or near Pennsylvania and are looking for professional treatment for an addiction, call us today at 844.442.8673 or fill out our online form to get a call back. We can answer your questions and reassure you that recovery is possible.
The Adult & Teen Challenge
Founded in 1958 by Reverend David Wilkerson, PAATC has been a significant presence in the rehab landscape, helping countless teens and adults achieve lasting sobriety. Since 1962, PAATC’s primary location has been a place known as God’s Mountain, a 16-acre farm in Rehrersburg, PA. This property is about two and a half hours west of New York City and two hours northwest of Philadelphia.
Three of our locations offer state-of-the-art residential treatment programs: Rehrersburg, PA, Cheswick, PA (in the western part of the state), and Philadelphia. Our Naaman Center provides outpatient programs with seven locations, including Elizabethtown, Quarryville, Elizabethville, and Lancaster, PA.
What to Expect at Our Drug Rehab
Adult & Teen Challenge drug rehab facilities provide many lines of service that can help you start on the road to recovery. Depending on the location, PAATC offers a short-term inpatient program and outpatient treatment options.
We provide treatment for a range of addictions, including:
- Opiates and opioids
To determine whether our treatment options are a good fit for your needs, we welcome you to reach out to our treatment team today.
Treatment Options at PAATC Locations
All of our adult & teen challenge drug rehab centers offer evidence-based treatments and therapies, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This form of therapy focuses on changing behaviors by shifting beliefs, thoughts, and emotions. A combination of cognitive reframing, guided discovery, role play, exposure therapy, stress reduction tools, and more are used in this effective addiction treatment.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – DBT is highly effective in addiction treatment, particularly for those who also have a history of trauma. It can be used in individual or group counseling and focuses on mindfulness, distress tolerance, behavioral and cognitive changes, emotional regulation, and interpersonal responsiveness and communication.
- Trauma-informed care – Encompassing a range of treatments, approaches, and modalities, trauma-informed care rests on understanding trauma. We then provide treatment methods that will be the most effective and least triggering for those who have lived through trauma.
- Individual therapy – One-on-one therapy is still the go-to for intensive work when combatting addiction. It can also offer support for any potential underlying or co-occurring mental health disorders. Our trained therapists may use any of the above therapies.
- Group therapy – Therapist-guided treatment in a group setting is very powerful in addiction treatment. It combines therapeutic modalities with the support and accountability of a peer group.
- Family therapy – Because addiction is a family disease, including family members in the healing process is often an excellent idea. Family therapy will enhance empathy for all parties, improve communication. It will also provide ways for everyone to move forward in a supportive way. You’ll also learn about the value of boundaries and responsibility for yourself.
Faith-Based Care at PAATC
One of the pillars of PAATC’s mission is faith-based treatment for those who desire it. Research indicates that spirituality can play a powerful role in recovery.
Faith-based treatment is available at all our PAATC locations. Benefits of faith-based care include:
- You can share your commitment to sobriety with others with similar religious beliefs.
- Experience a support network of like-minded peers who share your values and will have your back on your spiritual path to recovery.
- Long-term outcomes for spiritual people tend to be better for those who have support from devout peers in a faith-centered program. This treatment eases the transition to ongoing treatment as well as the outside, post-rehab world.
Whatever PAATC location works best for you, all offer faith-based treatment options. In your interactions with staff, you will find that they treat you with respect and compassion.
Begin Treatment at Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge
If you’re suffering from an addiction, please don’t wait. Reach out today to learn more about PAATC and our adult & teen challenge rehab programs. Use our online form or simply call 844.442.8673.