There is no demographic in the United States that is protected from teen drug abuse. Addiction rates among the young are growing faster than in older groups. Furthermore, of the thousands of overdoses among teens, about 5,000 a year will end in death. There is a very meaningful and vital way to fight these statistics—professional drug addiction treatment. If you are looking for help for your teen, consider an outpatient treatment program.
Teen outpatient drug rehab in Pennsylvania is available at PAATC, or Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge. Since 1958, we have been treating teenagers as well as adults who struggle with addiction. If you have any questions about how drug rehab, including outpatient treatment, can help your teen, reach out today by calling 844.442.8673 or using our online form.
Telltale Signs of Teen Addiction
In addition to the more obvious signs, like needles, pipes, or other drug paraphernalia, there may be clues that gradually accumulate to cause you to be concerned. Some things to consider:
- Changes in appearance – Is your teen looking more disheveled than the normal teen rebellion would indicate? Poor hygiene, severe pallor, mysterious wounds or injuries, dilated or pinpoint pupils, and other shifts in appearance can be signs of drug abuse.
- Changes in behavior – Has your teen begun to change from their normal patterns? Slipping grades, lack of interest in people and things that once mattered, an entirely new friend group, and strange sleep habits may indicate addiction. In addition, your teen may have become secretive, begun to lie, or taken money from your wallet?
- Changes in the home environment – Sometimes, the little oddities that have you scratching your head can add up to symptoms of drug abuse. Have you noticed missing items like prescription drugs, liquor bottles, or even eye drops or kitchen matches? Is there unexplained damage to the car or mysterious containers or wrappers? Are doors suddenly locked, keys suddenly missing, or meals frequently skipped?
How Outpatient Treatment Programs Help
When a family partners with a reputable teen rehab center like PAATC and decides to enroll their teenager in outpatient treatment, the recovery outcomes are likely to be much better.
Some examples of how teen outpatient treatment can help:
- Prioritizing family – The engagement of the whole family is enormously important when teens are treated for addiction. To set your teen up for success, you will likely participate in family therapy sessions. This therapy can improve relationships, encourage open communication, and heal the wounds the entire family has experienced due to a teenager’s addiction. Family participation will improve your teen’s recovery outcomes.
- Sustaining academics – In an outpatient program, we can support your teen in maintaining academics as much as possible. We understand that this is an essential time in your teen’s life and that education plays a significant part in their sober life after rehab. Outpatient treatment means your teen can attend classes. In partnership with you, your teen’s rehab center will manage the disruptions to learning. We can also provide your teen with the skills and strategies to complete rehab while staying afloat academically.
- Managing noncompliance – It can be extra painful when a teen does not agree with the parents’ assessment that drug treatment is needed. Because your teen is a minor and cannot legally make healthcare decisions, the choice regarding enrollment in a rehab program is ultimately yours. In a teen outpatient rehab facility, the staff is well-versed in noncompliance issues and will provide therapies, programs, and treatments that can inspire buy-in. Outpatient rehab allows the partnership between staff and family to support the teen 24 hours a day.
In an outpatient treatment program, your teen will see that everyone is working together to achieve great outcomes. That realization is, in itself, healing.
Begin Outpatient Rehab at Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge
For the sake of your teen’s recovery and long-term sobriety, consider a professional outpatient drug rehab program. PAATC offers evidence-based therapies, and our staff is expert in treating this age group
We learned long ago that addiction treatment does not look the same for teens and adults. We have made it part of our mission to ensure that teens get the precise care they need. To learn more about our outpatient drug rehab in Pennsylvania, call 844.442.8673 or complete our online form.