Fear of withdrawal makes many people with an opioid use disorder hesitate to enter rehab for opioid addiction. Removing all traces of a powerful drug from the body is no easy thing. However, medically supervised opioid addiction detox can ease withdrawal’s physical, mental, and psychological challenges. If you seek an opioid detox center in Pennsylvania, look into Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge (PAATC). We have 60 years of experience providing evidence-based opioid addiction rehab services. With the help of faith-based treatment, many of the people we treat find lasting recovery.
You don’t have to feel stuck in uncertainty and fear. Let our compassionate and experienced staff answer all your questions about withdrawal, medically managed opioid addiction detox, drug rehab, and the range of options open to you. Call Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge today at 844.442.8673 or use our online form.
Symptoms of Opioid Withdrawal
Opioids can come in a prescription form, such as synthetic pain-killing drugs like oxycodone and fentanyl, or opiates such as codeine and morphine. These can be acquired from a doctor or illegally by stealing them or buying them on the street. There are also drugs in this category that no longer have any legal or medical uses, such as heroin. They are easily accessible through the street market.
When a person has become dependent on and addicted to the effects of an opioid, withdrawal begins quickly if they try to stop taking it. Withdrawal effects can range from mild to severe, depending on the dosage and duration of abuse. The user experiences unpleasant and often dangerous symptoms as the drug leaves the body. For this reason, a professional opioid detox center is the only safe way to undergo withdrawal.
Opioid withdrawal symptoms include:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Sleep disturbance
- Muscle and bone pain
- Chills and sweating
- Anxiety or paranoia
- Racing pulse and heart rate
- Intense cravings
Why Should You Consider Medical Detox in an Opioid Addiction Rehab?
PAATC’s opioid detox center offers state-of-the-art, evidence-based, medically supervised detox for opioid addiction. There are excellent reasons to seek this kind of support when going through withdrawal. The five Ses of medical detox are symptom mitigation, safety, stability, support, and success. They are explained below.
- Symptom mitigation – Doctors and other medical professionals will prescribe medications to ease the worst and most disorienting of your withdrawal symptoms.
- Safety – Withdrawal can be, in addition to highly unpleasant, dangerous. With the help of a supervised detox program, medical professionals will deal with any underlying medical conditions that emerge. They can also handle any severe threats to your physical wellness or life.
- Stability – Medical stability during detox is critical. The strain of withdrawal can be eased with proper care, including nutrition and hydration. In addition, they will replace minerals and vitamins that your body loses as your system purges.
- Support – This means that medical professionals monitor your emotional stability. Caring therapists can assuage feelings of self-doubt, panic, and isolation during the detox process.
- Success – Medical detox has been shown to increase the long-term success of your recovery and reduce the risk of relapse.
Start Your Recovery Journey with Rehab for Opioid Addiction at PAATC
At PAATC, the evidence-based treatments offered in our opioid addiction rehab include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Individual therapy
Each of these therapies is available in either outpatient or inpatient rehab. Our clinical team develops an individualized treatment plan for every client that meets their specific needs based on medical and addiction histories. Find out what is the best plan for you. Reach out today to learn how PAATC can help you start your recovery in our opioid detox center.