The links between mental health disorders and addiction are well documented. Nearly 40% of people with a substance use disorder have a co-occurring mental health diagnosis. The most effective way to treat mental health and addiction is to address both simultaneously with a coordinated care plan. But how do you find the program that will work for you? Is a residential program too demanding of your time, given your family and career obligations? An outpatient addiction treatment program may be perfect for you.
If you or someone you love struggles with addiction, Pennsylvania Adult & Teen Challenge (PAATC) can help. Our outpatient treatment is provided through Naaman Center, a subsidiary of PAATC. However, we only treat mental health conditions when it is a secondary diagnosis of substance use. Reach out to learn more about the many benefits of an outpatient addiction treatment center by calling 844.442.8673 or filling out our online form.
What to Expect From Outpatient Addiction Treatment
There are two kinds of outpatient addiction treatment programs. A regular or low-intensity outpatient program or an intensive outpatient program (IOP). Outpatient treatment offers the same therapies, trained staff, and peer support as other addiction treatment programs. It requires a commitment of about 3-4 hours a day, 3-4 days a week.
An IOP is a step between inpatient and low-intensity outpatient. It offers more hours per week or up to nine a day. To accommodate your other responsibilities, many outpatient therapy models include morning and evening hours. In an outpatient program, you will receive individual and group therapy and have access to other opportunities as well.
The benefits of outpatient addiction treatment include:
- Living at home where you feel safe and comfortable while securely launching your recovery journey
- Keeping up with many or all of your school or work responsibilities and thus disrupting your life less than if you entered residential treatment
- Maintaining ties to your support network while building a new sober peer group while in treatment
- Applying skills learned in your outpatient treatment center in real-time, which includes discussing challenges and successes with your support group during your hours of treatment
This treatment option offers a range of additional benefits. To learn more about these benefits, we welcome you to reach out to Pennysylvania Adult and Teen Challenge today.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment at PAATC
Outpatient therapy for addiction is an opportunity to access treatment that addresses the whole person without interruption to your life. PAATC offers numerous evidence-based modalities that may be part of your therapeutic plan. These include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): This treatment provides skills for changing your underlying thoughts and beliefs to shift behaviors.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT): This service involves therapy and skills training and is an offshoot of CBT that is particularly effective for survivors of trauma.
- Faith-based treatment: We believe faith-based treatments offer a range of benefits. We combine our evidence-based treatments with a focus on spirituality and reliance on a higher power.
- Holistic wellness options: This treatment supports mental health, wellness, and recovery through mindfulness practices such as meditation.
These are only a few of the treatments we provide. For more information about the options available, please reach out to Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge today.
Contact Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge
While under our care in an outpatient addiction treatment program, low-intensity or intensive outpatient program, you will:
- Develop a new support group of people with similar lived experience
- Follow the 12 steps
- Improve problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Maintain sobriety
- Avoid triggers by having closely scheduled time
- Receive evidence-based treatment that supports behavioral change
- Have access to a staff of mental health and addiction specialists
- Address employment, housing, and/or probation requirements if relevant
Let PAATC’s compassionate and highly professional team work with you to find an outpatient addiction treatment program that suits your needs. Reach out today to learn more and to see what is possible for you. You are not alone, and we are here to help. Call 844.442.8673 or fill out our easy online form.